5/20/13

Nicci Gilbert Sets The Record Straight about Syleena & The Tour!



Nicci Gilbert Sets The Record Straight!
The biggest issue on R&B Divas is who has the right to book The Divas Tour: Nicci Gilbert or Syleena Johnson's sister Syleecia.
Nicci explains the real problem...

Nicci writes on her blog All Things Nicci,

Before Filming of Season 2 began, I reached out to EVERY CAST MEMBER from Season 1 as well as production and made them aware that I was very close to closing a deal for a Multi City Summer Tour and that the promoter wanted to speak with everyone individually to see if a deal could be reached and the R&B DIvas could Hit the ROAD.
The promoter was in the process of looking into ROUTING THE TOUR CITIES and putting together a budget to propose an "OFFER" to the women on the show.
Fast Forward to the announcement Syleecia had at Syleenas house, where Monifah asks if we can get along. I express that if we can get past the ANGER and HOSTILITY ISSUES we could tour because this promoter had been hearing of Drama and VERY SPECIFICALLY STATED it would NOT be tolerated on his tour.

I answered the question TRUTHFULLY and the truth is we have had MANY incidents of Syleena losing her cool and one in particular that was really bad in Los Angeles just before filming which could have led to a physical altercation had I not walked away. The reason NO ONE expected me to show up to Syleenas house for the meeting is because EVERYONE has seen her flip and I just refuse to sweep it under the rug.
Fast Forward to NYC... I recieved a call from the Promoter I have been working on this tour with for over six months and we are at the finish line when he made me aware that Syleecias Agency friends reached out to him to promote the tour which put me in a very compromising position because he & I had been discussing the very same tour for months.

I am a team player and I am ALL FOR A TOUR but it is very shady business when someone I have been doing business with calls me questioning my intentions because this agent claimed to represent the tour. I may be the only one speaking up about these issues but I am defintiely not the only one affected by the isssues.
I dont hate Syleena Johnson but when you start doing things that affect my business and relationships I have maintained for years I have to handle you with a long handled spoon and tell the truth about it.

How it Ends Keep Watching ... Lets Wait and See

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers