2/23/13

Starter Wives Confidential” cancellation because of 50 Cent?



Did 50 Cent get the PLUG PULLED on“Starter Wives Confidential”?
TLC has cancelled “Starter Wives Confidential.” The remaining episodes can be found online, and if you’re a fan.  Monica Taylor, the ex of Funkmaster Flex took to her website and wrote an open letter. She spoke out about the lawsuits, low ratings, and of course, the drama and the fights, all playing a role in the show’s demise.
If you want to watch the remainder of episodes of Starter Wives Confidential you will have to go online to TLC.com. Ask me why? ::Long pause::
Is it ratings? Is it a change in network direction…or all the outside drama?!
It’s no secret Starter Wives Confidential was plagued by legal inquiries and possible lawsuits from the beginning. Starting with Shanequa Tompkins being missing from all the episodes, her ex 50 cent allegedly had an agreement or contract with her of some sort that either prevented or made it difficult for her to partake in the show.

I know before taping even began I was questioned about my posts relating to anyone connected with Lamar Odom. Luckily TLC had no control over what I do or can post so it became a non-issue. I never did find out who was putting pressure on them. Cut to the Lil Kim situation, one which I’m still confused about and can’t even confirm if there is a law suit.
Bringing a show with women of color to TLC we always knew was a challenge and I love that they believed in our stories and gave us a voice. A voice, honesty, love, a lot of drama, and a bit of ratchetness. (Usually required for any good reality show.)
I can only imagine there were a lot of people who were afraid what would come out on Starter Wives Confidential and as you saw from the first few episodes, the ladies were NOT holding back! Trust me it gets better and much juicier. But I digress. (I always wanted to say that in a post.)

I want to say that from the very bottom of my soul the support and love from viewers was more amazing then I imagined. Even the haters felt our show was genuine. I love that personally I got to not only bond with 5 amazing women but was allowed to show that not all celebrity wives sit home, model, or are simpletons. For the first time people got to know who I really am, if even just a little bit.
So it SUCKS that you have to watch episodes online but it beeeez like that sometimes.

But wait we may know why it was cancelled! 50 Cent Says He Is Responsible for ‘Starter Wives’ Cancelation: ‘The Show Was Trash’
According to Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson, he’s the reason why TLC’s show ‘Starter Wives‘, was cancelled mid-season. If you’ve followed the development of the show and it’s episodes, then you know initially the mother of 50′s child,  Shanequa Tompkins, was on the show, but was hit with either a cease and desist or a letter from 50′s attorney telling her that legally, she could not appear on it.

This week, one of the show’s cast members, Monica Joseph Taylor (the ex-wife of New York radio personality, Funk Master Flex), penned an open letter informing folk that the rest of the season had been canceled. Letter is above
And while TLC has yet to confirm or deny the report, 50 has taken to twitter, saying that he’s the reason why the show was axed. He wrote:
I want to apologize to cast of Starter Wives for having the show pulled off the net work.i sincerely hope you find work.#smsaudio .. It had to go…The show was trash,angry ex girls that have a sense of entitlement that cant be met. Come on, I didn’t like it so its off. #SMSaudio

Do you believe that 50′s responsible for having the show pulled off air, mid-season? And if you’ve checked the show out, do you agree with his comments about the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers