6/13/12

Hezekiah Walker is COMING HOME TO PERFORM IN BROOKLYN!


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

Hezekiah Walker Set to do Live Recording in Central Park and Perform at The New Barclay's Center in his hometown of Brooklyn NY!

Walker will be among the phenomenal gospel stars who will be performing at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center
*Grammy award winner Hezekiah Walker will be among the phenomenal gospel stars who will be performing at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center. In an interview he said it was like a dream come true for him.


“There used to be a bakery right behind the grounds. We would come down just to smell the bread and as we were, you know, there smelling the bread we was all sitting around saying what we (were) gonna become. I remember saying, ‘you know I want to become a gospel singer.’ They looked and me and laughed because they didn’t even know that I sung. I kinda felt a little bad because everybody was saying that they wanted to be basketball players and football players. Never thought in a million years that would happen, that I would become a gospel singer and I would be singing on the same grounds that I actually said I wanted to sing on.”

He shared something else that he is finally going to cross off of his dream list.
“August 5 I’m going to be doing a live recording in Central Park, which is another dream of mine that has come true. I remember years ago as a small boy I remember watching TV and I remember watching the Diana Ross live concert in Central Park. I never forget sitting there saying you know I would love to do a gospel concert live recording in Central Park. Well, it has come true.”
It will be a mix of new music and some of his greatest hits, Walker revealed.
On December 10 Walker will headline “A Night of Hope” benefit concert at the Barclays Center featuring guest performances from CeCe Winans, Fred Hammond, Kelly Price, and others. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Children of Haiti Relief Fund.
For more information about the arena visit www.Barclayscenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers