3/6/12

Was it right to suspend him from school for wearing PUMPS?



Gay Virginia High School Student Suspended for High Heels:
Asante Cotman, a 17-year-old student who wore high heels to class and was suspended for three days after being ordered to remove them for disrupting the school, says the real reason he was suspended is because he's gay, NBC12 reports:
Asante refused to take off the heels and the principal called him out of every class.

Video: 
"She said I was being disrespectful because she told me to take them off and I didn't take them off. And she called me again because I didn't take them off. I don't understand disrupting the class, because nobody was talking about it. Everybody was doing their work. People have seen me wear heels before. People see me with a pocketbook every day," Asante said...
...Asante says female students wear high heels and the slippers they demanded he wear violate the student dress code because of the open heel. He believes he's being punished for his sexual orientation.
"They suspended me for being gay," he said. "I'm missing a lot of classes. I'm missing classes that I need to graduate."
Asante is scheduled to return to school within the week.

1 comment:

  1. That is some bullshit! He wasn't doing anything wrong. WTF?

    ReplyDelete

Followers